Luke Skywalker Ceremonial Jacket & Medal
Click to Review
Luke Skywalker & Han Solo, through an act of pure heroism, have destroyed the Deathstar. In a magnificent ceremony, Princess Leia Organa awards both with the Medal of Yavin for their brave deeds.
Now, for the first time in over 33 years, Museum Replicas Limited is proud to offer Luke Skywalker’s Yellow Ceremony Jacket and Medal. as seen on screen in Episode IV: A New Hope
. Manufactured of a yellow poly-cotton blend, this jacket has been faithfully reproduced with reference from the only jacket produced from the film, now in private hands. This form-fitting piece comes complete with an accurate version of the Medal of Yavin to complete the look. Available in men’s sizes M, L & XL. Please note: This jacket has an "athletic cut" jacket which is wider in the shoulders and narrower in the waist.Click here for size chart
View more Star Wars Products
- There was only ONE (1) jacket made for the original Star Wars.
- The original jacket was a motorcycle jacket, customized by hiding the flap pocket over the chest with brown stripes and the side pockets and front zipper with a silver trim.
- In the cantina scene, the intergalactic bully Ponda Baba wears an identical jacket in orange.
- The exact same jackets, in various colors, were worn on the television series Space 1999 just a few years before in multiple colors, altered with various Moonbase Alpha patches. (see photo)
- The original jacket has changed hands a few times over the past 33 years, but remains in private hands and is one of the few pieces not in the Lucasfilm archives.
- In addition, Museum Replicas will be offering the complete Luke Skywalker Ceremony Ensemble, which includes the yellow ceremony jacket & medal, the black shirt, brown pants with yellow stripes (later to become Han’s pants in The Empire Strikes Back), black boots and complete gun holster.
Please allow up to 4 weeks for delivery on out of stock items.
|Sizes & Colors In Stock
We are not sure exactly what Tim is referring to re: the medal. This is a cold cast resin medal with metal paint. The ribbon is attached with glue to the medal, as was the original. The ribbon had to be placed inside to replicate the film version. We apologize if his medal was defective, but the best course of action would be to exchange the medal for a new one so the jacket is complete.
Reviewed by Museum Replicas Team
1/17/2011 12:00:00 AM
The jacket is great, would like to see them add a 2x size, the down was the medal. Poorly designed, put together with staples and hot glue, are you kidding me. I now have a duo of jacket and medal I can't wear together because someone dropped the ball and went cheap on production. I think the saddest part about this whole deal was when I talked to customer service their only answer was for me to send back the product and do a quick refund. They were not concerned with what was wrong with their poorly designed medal or that their product was not wearable. They just wanted to get me off the phone. Once again a company that is not truly dedicated to providing quality Star Wars props and replicas, just making money off the Star Wars and Lucas name. You really should have your license pulled.
Reviewed by Tim
1/12/2011 5:45:16 PM